Student News Site of Harvest Middle School

Eyes of the Hawk

Filed under Movies

Thor: Ragnarok

Thor is a fictional Marvel Comics super hero, his first appearance was in “Marvel Comics Journey into Mystery #83″in August of 1962.

“Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.”-IMDb Thor: Ragnarok
The trilogy to the Thor franchise will be coming out in November 3rd of 2017. This movie is set after the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Thor is held captive on the other side of the universe on the planet Sakaar. Without his hammer he must win a gladiatorial battle against his fellow Avenger and former ally the Incredible Hulk. Why without his hammer, Hela the goddess of death has destroyed the hammer and will soon destroy Thor’s home world Asgard. To prevent the destruction of his home world, Thor assembles a team made up of Hulk, Loki, himself, and Valkyrie. It’s possible that the Infinity Stone that will be in this movie could be the last Infinity Stone in the MCU… the Soul Stone.
There are a total of six Infinity Stones/Infinity Gems (originally reffered to as Soul Gems or Infinity Gems in the Marvel Comics comic books). It is possible that the Soul Stone could be in this  movie and if not then it could be in another upcoming MCU movie. What are Infinity Stones? Infinity Stones are immensely powerful fictional gems/stones that had appeared in Marvel Comics comic books, and MCU movies (Marvel Cinematic Universe). Whoever holds all six in the Infinity Gauntlet gains virtual omnipotence and omniscience. These Infinity Stones will have a huge part in the Avengers: Infinity War movies.
Stones and Their Powers:
  • Space Stone- Allows the user to exist in any or all locations. Allows user to teleport oneself and others any place the user can imagine. Increases speed, enables user to alter the distance between objects opposing to the laws of physics, and at its full potential the stone grants omnipresence.

• Mind Stone- Allows the user to access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. The stone also greatly strengthen and enhance psychic and mental powers. When backed with the Power Stone, the Mind Stone allows the user to access all minds in existence.

• Reality Stone- Allows user to fulfill wishes and do things that would normally be impossible. The stone can also be used to create an alternate reality one wishes, and when backed with other stones, they keep its reality altering  powers from surging out of control and allows the user to alter reality on a universal scale.

• Power Stone- Allows the user to access all the power and energy that ever has or will exist. It grants the user the ability to duplicate any physical superhuman ability and grants the potential to manipulate all forms of energy for any virtual effect.

• Time Stone- Allows user total control over time, such as the past, the present, and, the future. Grants the ability to speed up, slow down, stop, or reverse the flow of time. Also grants the ability to change the past and the future, time travel, age and de-age beings, and trap the entire universe in a never ending time loop. At full potential grants Omniscience.

• Soul Stone- Allows the user to manipulate, steal, control, and alter the souls of the dead or the living. Steal the powers and abilities from others, has a hunger for souls, and at full potential grants control over all life in the universe.