This Year’s Favorite Classes at HMS

Back to Article
Back to Article

This Year’s Favorite Classes at HMS

A new year at Harvest and that means new classes! The students at Harvest Middle School are ready to start a new school year with new teachers, new friends, and new classes.

Students have received new classes and most likely a new favorite!  The students interviewed, were asked 2 questions from all grades (6th, 7th & 8th.) They were asked what their favorite class was and why. Most students interviewed, enjoy their elective class than any other.  The why means some of these students voted for these classes either because of it being their favorite subject, or their favorite teacher, or they enjoy it because of their friends.

For 6th grade, the top three favorite classes were the electives, science, and gym. The top three of the electives top voted were art/design, animation, and band.  The main thing that was said by the students was that they like their class because it’s their favorite teacher (13), it´s their favorite subject (12), and they have their friends  (10).

As for 7th grade, the top three favorite classes were also the electives, Gym, and History/S.S. The top three of the electives top voted were leadership, AVID and Theater. The students said, they  liked  their class because it’s their favorite teacher (10), it´s their favorite subject (17), and their friends are in that class (6).

In 8th grade, the top three favorite classes were their electives, PE, and History/S.S. The top three of the electives voted  were leadership, AVID, and garden.  As most students explained, they liked their class because it’s their favorite teacher (11), it´s their favorite subject (13), and they have their friends in that class (12).