Eyes of the Hawk

Filed under Movies

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Ant-Man made his first appearance in “Tales of Astonish #27” in 1962 in January. The original Ant-Man was Dr. Henry Pym (Hank Pym), a founding member of the Avengers. Then Scott Lang an ex-con that broke into Pym’s house and stole the Ant-man suit and took on the identity as Ant-Man. Ant-Man’s abilities allow him to reduce and enlarge size with the use of Pym Particles, when shrunk his strength is equal to an ant.

Wasp made her first appearance in “Tales to Astonish #44” in 1963 in June. “Janet van Dyne was a daughter of a wealthy scientist named Vernon van Dyne. During an experiment, however, an alien monster was unleashed and Dr. van Dyne was killed.” Wasp has the ability to fly at approximately 40 mph, the ability to size reduction or the ability to shrink with enhanced strength, and bio-electric blasters.
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Wasp#ixzz55t3wiUuF

Ant-Man and the Wasp takes place after the events of Captain America: Civil War. The first trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp came out in January 30th of 2018. In the first 16 seconds there is a flash back to the events of Civil War. In present time Scott Lang says “I just have one question, when Cap needed help if I’d ask you, would you have come?” and the van Dyne replies, “I guess we’ll never know but if you had, you would have never been caught.” She wasn’t in Civil War because he never approached her or asked to join him.

After that it pans over to Scott in his house with the FBI. The FBI put an ankle brace on to Scott for what seems to be a house arrest. Scott was on the opposing side of the government of Civil War for the  “Super Human Registration Act.” This is a contract for the government to control the Avengers. They basically get to tell them when the can and can’t go to fight. For example, in Avengers 1 they stopped the invasion but destroyed the city in the process and killed thousands, Avengers 2 Stopped Ultron but destroyed the city in the process and nearly killed millions.

Anyway back to Ant-Man and the Wasp, so Ant-Man was with Captain America and other heroes who didn’t want to sign. Iron Man signed and so did the rest of the heroes. Scott’s actions in Civil War put Hank and Hope to go on the run. Near the end of the trailer Scott is talking with his daughter Cassie. and she says “Maybe you need someone watching you back, like a partner.” Then it pans over to fight scenes with Wasp.

Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer- https://youtu.be/fmrdsRdYZlg