Eyes of the Hawk

Filed under Gamerz Corner

Chaotic: The company lost in time

The original Chaotic was a strategic card game released in the mid 2000’s that was seen by many as a game that could compete with other games currently on the market. It was only out for a few years before disappearing very suddenly for unknown reasons.

The present day card game of Chaotic began in Denmark as a children’s collector game called Dracco Heads that featured plastic figurines of strange features. In the year 2000, the trading card game Grolls and Gorks was published featuring characters from Dracco Heads. One year later, Bryan C. Gannon redesigned the game and renamed it Chaotic: Now or Never! which the modern version of Chaotic is based on. The modern version of Chaotic was created when the game was redesigned once again and then released on October 24th, 2007. They partnered with a media company called 4kids Entertainment to create an animated television series based on a mythical world where the creatures from chaotic reside.

Chaotic was doing very well until they suffered a lawsuit from 4kids Entertainment, which wanted to obtain the full rights to the Chaotic enterprise. The lawsuit lasted nine years and during this time period, all Chaotic products were removed from stores and no one could create or market any further products concerning the card game, animated series or the characters involved. 4kids entertainment eventually lost the lawsuit and was forced to change their name to 4k media licensing. However, they still owned the rights to the television series, which led to the series being taken down.

Since then, the game has remained forgotten and has been taken over by more recent card games such as Magic the Gathering. When and if the game will appear once again is a mystery to all. However, the rights to Chaotic are still owned by Bryan C Gannon and there is reason to believe that it will be released once again in the near future.

About the Writers
Logan Walsh, Staff Writer

Logan is an intelligent 13-year-old 8th grade student at Harvest Middle School who always strives to have excellent grades in all his classes. The extra curricular activities he most enjoys are playing children’s card games, such as Magic the Gathering, Yugioh and Chaotic, and creating the future card game of Incarnation. He really enjoys reading and his favorite book so far is War and Peace. He also likes to play video games and is terrible at most sports. His favorite subjects in school are math and science. His favorite color is orange.

Bryan Chin, Staff Writer

Bryan is an average 8th grade student who enjoys playing video games. He would rather stay inside all day than go outside and enjoy the world. His favorite type of food is Italian. His favorite show is Rick and Morty. He occasionally plays children’s card games with his friends, other than that he has no life.