Eyes of the Hawk

Filed under Movies, Uncategorized

Solo: A Star Wars Story – Two Takes on One Movie

The Rubin Reading

A few weeks ago in a Galaxy right here, a commercial was shown at the 2018 Superbowl that featured young Han Solo (one of film histories most beloved characters) and his back story. Fans of the series were shocked to hear that this new movie,” Solo,” will be released just a few months after The Last Jedi, which was the previous Star Wars Movie.

This new movie will be released on May 25, 2018. Our main characters are, of course, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Lando Calrissian. So far we do not know much about the plot. All we know right now is that Han Solo joins some sort of flight crew that has a very important mission and on this mission, he encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.

Overall, I am extremely excited about this new movie.

The Moskos Moment

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” is a prequel Star Wars film. This movie’s timeline takes place 14 years before the original movie,”Star Wars: Episode lV The New Hope.” The story: Through a daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underground, Han Solo meets his mighty future co-pilot/best friend, Chewbacca, and encounters the notorious gambler, Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

This film was first announced as a Han Solo picture in 2015. The cast of the film is, Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Emily Clarke as Kira, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Woody Harrelson as Beckett, and Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca, along with the news that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller would be the film’s directors. Principal photography began in January 2017, but the directors point of creative differences arose between the directors and the studio.

It is said to be released on May 25, 2018, the 41st anniversary of the release of The New Hope in which Harrison Ford had first appeared as Han Solo in 1973. A TV spot aired during Super Bowl LII, followed by a full teaser trailer the next day and the release of a series of character-themed teaser posters. The film was spotlighted in the February 2018 issue of Entertainment weekly. I am really looking forward to seeing this movie in May.