Eyes of the Hawk

Filed under News, Special Report

Reporter From Napa Leaves Fox News After 17 Years

Napa native and Vintage High graduate, Adam Housley, is leaving FOX News after 17 years to run his family's winery in Northern California.

politico.com

Adam Housley, an Emmy Award winning journalist from Napa, California, has recently left Fox News after 17 years as a Los Angeles based senior correspondent. He graduated from Vintage High School in 1989 and graduated from Pepperdine University. According to an interview done by Vince D’Adamo with Housley, he and his team at Pepperdine University won the the College World Series and he was drafted by the Montreal Expos (Now called the Nats) and played for more than three years in the minor leagues.

Housley began his career as a reporter for KVON-KVYN radio in Napa, where he developed and produced newscasts. Before joining Fox News, Housley was a reporter for  KTXL-TV in Sacramento, California from 1999 to 2001, where he received many awards including the 2001 Regional Associated Press Reporting Award and a Regional Emmy Award. Before this, he served as a lead reporter for KFTY-TV, an independent news station in Santa Rosa, California, from 1998 to 2000. He has covered many major stories throughout his career such as the 2003 war in Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, the 2017 Las Vegas shooting, and many more.

On August 23, Adam Housley announced his departure from Fox News. According to politico.com, “[Housley] felt there was diminished opportunity at the network for reporters and disapproved of the tenor of its on-air discussion, according to two former Fox News employees with knowledge of his situation.” Housley left because he was not content with how the network was running, and how the station was now more focused on opinion-based talking head shows rather than hard reporting, and focusing more on Trump and politics than telling people what’s happening around the world.

In a statement by Housley shared by a Fox News spokesperson, he said: “After nearly two decades at Fox News, I have decided to leave the network and take some time in northern California to raise our two young children closer to my family, which includes running the family winery and even coaching their sports teams. I could not be more proud of the journalism I did at the network, from war zones , to tsunamis, to watching miners pulled from the ground in Chile, I am grateful for the extraordinary opportunities to have a front seat to history and cover news all over the world. A huge thank you to the many Fox employees, especially behind the scenes, who have supported me every step of the way. We are friends for life.”

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Reporter From Napa Leaves Fox News After 17 Years”

1. Joey DeNatale on September 17th, 2018 9:14 am

Thank you Joe, very cool!

2. Monette Straily on October 11th, 2018 10:03 pm

The article was full of information that gave me an excellent understanding of the subject Adam Housley’s career.

The Hawk staff reserves the right to edit or delete any comments we deem inappropriate. Please refrain from negative personal comments, but please tell us if you like something you read or see something that could be better.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• Reporter From Napa Leaves Fox News After 17 Years

News

American Canyon High School Goes on Lockdown After Students are Robbed off Campus

News

What Harvest Students Think About Shootings in Yountville

News

Lunar Eclipse, Blood Moon, Super Moon: The Sight of a Lifetime

News

Women’s March Napa Valley 2018

News

Napa High School Goes on Lockdown While HMS Practices Safety Drill

News

Lunch Rules Changed for the 2017-18 School Year

News

The Biggest Technology Change at Harvest Yet!

News

Sixth Grade Field Day

News

Many New Teachers Arrive at Harvest

News

Solar Eclipse 2017

Student News Site of Harvest Middle School