Magnet Funds Provide Tech and Image Upgrades

Back to Article
Back to Article

Harvest math teachers plan for classes using new technology purchased with magnet school dollars.

Lane Hartless and Cole Brown photos

Lane Hartless and Cole Brown photos

Lane Hartless and Cole Brown photos

Ever since HMS became a magnet school in 2013,  our school has received a lot of money to upgrade our campus.UG3

Some of the technology things that have been bought in the past couple of years are the Sharp TVs in almost every classroom. These TVs cost at least $1,000 dollars apiece. Another item that has been purchased is a 3D printer.

Recently,  the school has also purchased 111 new Chromebooks, so in addition to some students bringing their own laptops to school and the Chromebooks we already have, every student at school has access to a digital device.DSC02380

These school funds are helping us become an International Baccalaureate school and provide better  learning experiences for the students at HMS.  UG2

The school has also purchased items to improve the school’s looks, like the murals that you can see in the images on this page. Embassy Suites, which partners with Harvest, has also helped improve our landscaping with the new school entrance area. There is more to come.UG7

“We’ve spent $15,000 on school improvements that include the murals and some signs, ” said Mr.Flores, the school principal. “Ninety percent of our funds come from the state,” he added. UG5

“The more students we have the more money we get, and we get about eight thousand dollars per student per year.”

UG1UG8 There is even a new bottle filler drinking fountain designed to reduce plastic bottle waste in the E-wing.

Harvest school enrollment has increased this year.