Welcome to Harvest Mrs. Franco!

Students greet our new principal, Mrs. Franco, and take her getting to know you challenge.

Mrs. Franco recently became the new HMS principal, because our old principal, Mr. Flores, got a new job opportunity. She has been here for about two weeks.

We took the opportunity to ask Mrs. Franco a few questions about being the new principal at Harvest.

The first question we asked was, what is the hardest thing about being a teacher? She said understanding the students and making sure that they have learned and understand the things that are being taught. Also, doing everything possible to make a great student. She said that the easiest thing about being a teacher is just coming to school and making a difference.

Mrs. Franco has been a local here in Napa for a long time. She went to Napa High, then went to Napa Community College, and then transferred to Sonoma State University.

Then we asked about her personal life. The first question was what are her favorite things to do? She said cooking with her husband and taking long walks with him.

Then we asked about her family. She said she has two daughters who are married. The oldest of her daughters graduated from UCLA and the younger one graduated from Cal Poly and now is a teacher at McPherson Elementary School. Her favorite weekend activity is just relaxing.

f5dd3906-52f9-4a48-ba34-e84d933ea532We also asked Mrs. Franco about her goals at HMS. First we asked about what she hopes to accomplish at HMS? She said she hopes to get the school ready for the 2016-2017 school year. Then we asked what surprised her about HMS? She said that HMS is a lot smaller than Napa High and that she’s amazed by the kids.

Mrs. Franco has done many things while at Napa High. One of these things was being the head coach for the girls volleyball team. In the time of her being the girls volleyball coach she got the team to a CIF State Championship, but they lost in a very close match. It was the only team from NHS to make it to state in anything, this was in 1996. Her daughter Alynda was on that team. Mrs Franco was the head girls volleyball coach at Napa High for 14 years, before becoming principal.

Welcome to Harvest Mrs. Franco!