Welcome the New Staff at Harvest

Many new teachers have become a part of the Harvest family this year.

This school year at Harvest Middle School we are welcoming in many new teachers. Here are a few interesting things about them:

Ms. Coast, though she has already been a member of the Harvest team for a year doing work for our Newcomer Center this year she is back teaching at Harvest. Before coming back to Harvest she taught Middle and High school Spanish.

Mr. De La Arocha joins the Harvest staff from The Canary Islands. He studied Spanish Language and Literature and Journalism at the university there. He also has a Masters in Secondary School Teaching. He has been working for seven years as a teacher in London and Madrid. He likes reading, traveling, cinema and theater.

Mr. Esparza joins the Harvest Staff this year all the way from Mexico City. He has a BA in Education with a specialty in teaching English as a foreign language and a Masters degree in Competence-based skills teaching.

Ms. Griegg has a Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology  with a concentration in Exercise and has completed a Secondary Teaching program at Sonoma State University. In her free time she likes to go hiking with her two chocolate Labs, spending time with her family at Lake Berryessa and snowboarding in Lake Tahoe.

Mr. Henke went to many Napa schools including Ridgeview, which used to be Harvest, then he graduated from Napa High. He got his BA from Sonoma State in Environmental Studies and a minor in Biology. Then he went on to work for other jobs before he earned his teaching credential from SFSU, and completed his student teaching in the Mission District of San Francisco. He has now been teaching math for eleven years and is excited to be here at Harvest!

Ms. Hoxsie graduated from Sonoma State University with a BA in Human Development and later got her credential. She loves art and her garden and she is excited to be a new teacher here at Harvest!

Mr.Krause is joining the Harvest as a vice principal. He has more than 20 years of teaching experience in San Francisco, Marin, Oakland, Marin and Guatemala.

Mr. Kvidahl graduated from Vintage High School and Sonoma State University. For the past 14 years he has been a teacher at our neighboring school River. In his free time Mr. Kvidahl enjoys lifting weights, camping with his family, coaching his son’s basketball team, watching his son play baseball and watching his daughter dance.

Ms. Landin is the new theater/ drama teacher. Before coming to Harvest she had done many different things including Children’s Musical Theater Director, Performer, Choral Director, Private Music Instructor and Director for Theater and Music programs at various Middle and High Schools. She has a great passion for everything involving theater and music.

Ms. McRae just recently moved back here from Sydney, Australia, where she taught English and Theatre to high school and college students. Now she is a Language and Literature teacher, teaching Read 180 to support students in need of help.

Ms. Smith was educated at De La Salle University in the Philippines with double degrees in mathematics and education. She spent 10 years as a high school teacher in Manila. After teaching she moved to Hawaii, got married, and started a family. About three years ago she moved to St. Helena and became a substitute teacher for Napa County schools.

Ms. Tate is the new 6th grade Individuals and Societies teacher. She has five years of experience as an 8th grade history teacher and three years as a adjunct teacher at Touro University. Ms. Tate is a Napa native who still lives here with her husband, 13 year old stepson and their French bulldog.

Ms. Taylor is new to Harvest this year coming from the Washington D.C. area. She has her MS ED in Adolescence Education in English. For the past 10 years she has been teaching English, film and journalism. Before she became a teacher she was a photojournalist in New York and Washington D.C.